Open 7am - 7pm daily
Closed on Wednesday and Sunday


Allison Creek 5725 Campbell Rd, at the intersection of Campbell Rd (County Rd 80) and SC 274
Baxter 1731 Hwy 160, between I-77 and Gold Hill Elementary
Bethany 2690 South Hwy 161, south of Hwy 55 in Clover
Bethel 3150 South Paraham Rd, south of Hwy 55 in Clover
Bullock Creek 6800 Lockhart Rd, on Hwy 49 near the Bullock Creek area, south of the intersection of Hwy 97 and Hwy 49
Cotton Belt 2365 Black Hwy (Hwy 5) west of York between Matlock Dr and Howell Rd
Eastview 1675 Adnah Church Rd at SC Hwy 5
Fort Mill East 1390 East Hensley Road, at the corner of East Hensley Road and Fort Mill Parkway
Hickory Grove / Sharon 5011 Hickory Grove Rd, on Hwy 211, past Hickory Grove/Sharon Elementary 
Lake Wylie 102 Bethel School Rd, near Hwy 557, in the Lake Wylie Area
Lesslie 3211 Pantry Dr, off Hwy 21 at Neely Store Rd
McConnells 100 Cemetery St, across from Olivet Presbyterian Church and next to the cemetery
Mt. Gallant 3986 Mt. Gallant Rd near Ebenezer Park
Ogden 780 West Hwy 324, south of the intersection of Mobley Store Rd and Ogden Rd
Porter Road 2050 Porter Rd, near the intersection of Porter Rd and Barringer Rd
Tirzah 6190 Old York Rd (Hwy 161) across from Pursley Dairy Farm Rd between Rock Hill and York


Where can I dispose of yard debris?
The Collection and Recycling Centers do not accept yard debris for disposal.  Debris is accepted at the York County Landfill located at 289 Public Works Road in York, off Highway 5 near the Moss Justice Center.  The Landfill phone number is (803) 628-3186 and the hours are 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Monday - Friday and 7:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon on Saturday.
Why can I only take small amounts of garbage to the Collection and Recycling Centers?
Space is limited at the centers and designed for waste generated by households.  If you arrive with a large load, you may be asked to take the waste to the landfill.
Why are the Collection and Recycling Centers closed on Wednesday?
The York County Solid Waste Collection & Recycling Department perform maintenance and upkeep of the sites on Wednesdays.  If you have garbage or recycling that you need to dispose of on a Wednesday there is a dumpster and a recycling container at the entrance of the York County Landfill at 289 Public Works Road in York off Hwy 5 near the Moss Justice Center.  The Landfill phone number is 803-628-3186 and they are open 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Monday - Friday and 7:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon on Saturday.
Where can I dispose of antifreeze?
Antifreeze is accepted at the Collection and Recycling Centers for recycling or bring it to the York County Household Hazardous Material Collection Event at 220 Public Works Road off Hwy 5 near the Moss Justice Center.  Please call York County Collection & Recycling at 803-628-3181 for the date of the next event.
Will you come collect my garbage at my home?
No, York County Solid Waste Collection & Recycling does not provide door-to-door garbage collection services.
Can you give me the name of the private garbage collection companies in the area?
No, you may find the name of a private business in the phone book yellow pages under “garbage” or “trash”.  If you notice that your neighbor has someone picking up their garbage just ask them about the company they use.  Many homeowners associations also maintain a list of service providers.
Whom can I rent a green dumpster from?
Either look in the yellow pages of the phone book for a private garbage company to rent a dumpster or call the local government where you live to see if they rent dumpsters.  York County Government does not rent  dumpsters.
There is trash on the side of the road, when will it be cleaned?
York County cleans roadside litter on a regular basis and keeps a list of requests as they come in.  If you call our office with a roadway that needs to be cleaned it will be added to the list and will be cleaned in the order it was taken.
Does the county provide private citizens with recycling bins?
York County does not provide recycling bins to citizens, but does provide “recycle bags” to citizens that can be used for mixed recyclables.  Once the bags are filled, they may be broug to the Convenience Center for recycling.  Just ask the attendant on duty for a recycle bag.  If you live in the city limits of any of the towns within York County, you can call the town hall or public works department and may provide you with a recycling bin.
How can I dispose of paint?
Latex paint is accepted on a daily basis at the convenience centers and citizens may bring up to 10 gallons per visit.  Oil based paint and stains are received at the bi-annual Household Hazardous Material Collection events.  Call the York County Collection & Recycling Office at 628-3181 for the date of the next event.
Can I drop off a major appliance or large furniture item at the collection centers?  Will someone be there to unload it for me?
The Convenience Centers accept appliances in the scrap metal box and large bulky furniture items in the miscellaneous box.  Please bring someone with you to assist you in unloading the items when you deliver them to the Convenience Center for disposal.
What are the hours of Collection and Recycling Centers?
7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. every day except Wednesday and Sunday.  The centers are closed for special holidays with a closing notice being posted at each site.  Announcements are also sent to all local media and the closing will be posted on the York County Government website.
Which Collection and Recycling Center is closest to my house?
Please see our map for the center closest to your house. If you need assistance locating the site closest to you call York County Solid Waste Collection & Recycling at 803-628-3181.
I saw something at the Collection and Recycling Center that I would like to have - will you give me permission to go back and get it?
No, the County Ordinance does not allow anything to be taken by the public from a Collection and Recycling Center.
How can I get involved in the Adopt A Highway program?
SCDOT now manages the Adopt-A-Highway program. Please call 803.327.6186 for information.