York County SC Homepage
Once my site plans are approved, when can I obtain my grading permit?
Once the county approves a site plan, the necessary information is sent to South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (SCDHEC) for National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit issuance. SCDHEC has 7 business days from the date they receive the information to issue the permit, deny the permit, or request additional information. Land Disturbance is not allowed until SCDHEC grants NPDES permit coverage and a pre-construction meeting is held on-site.

Show All Answers

1. Once my site plans are approved, when can I obtain my grading permit?
2. How do I obtain a business license?
3. How does one become a Licensed Contractor?
4. As a homeowner, can I get the required permit(s) to work on my house without using a contractor?
5. Whom can I employ to perform construction work on my property?
6. Do I need a permit if my project is under $500?
7. How do I schedule an inspection?
8. I have a North Carolina License, may I perform work in South Carolina?
9. Does each trade have to pull a separate permit for their trade on a commercial project?
10. I have a complaint with the Contractor who built my house. How do I address this problem?
11. How do I get a 9-1-1 address for my property?
12. How do I go about taking over a Building / Structure that has been foreclosed upon?
13. Does York County require a business license?
14. When do I need to hire an architect for my project?
15. Do I need a permit for a storage building I purchased at Home Depot / Lowes etc.?
Government Websites by CivicPlus®
Arrow Left Arrow Right
Slideshow Left Arrow Slideshow Right Arrow