Does the County have a local hospitality tax?

Yes, the County does have a local hospitality tax ordinance. All restaurants and bars located in the unincorporated area are to collect 2% on their gross proceeds from sales of food and beverage. Restaurants and bars located in Hickory Grove, McConnells, Sharon and Smyrna must collect 1%. The collections are to be submitted on a monthly basis to the York County Finance Department by the 20th of the following month. Uses of these funds are based on state law and recommendations are submitted to County Council by the Hospitality Tax Advisory Committee.  See York County Hospitality Tax Page

Show All Answers

1. Where can I get a copy of the County budget and audit reports?
2. Where do I get a business license?
3. Can I pay my taxes online?
4. Why have I not received my tax notice for my vehicle?
5. I have a question about the assessed value for my home, who should I contact?
6. How can I get a high mileage adjustment on my vehicle?
7. How can I get the homestead exemption on my home?
8. How can I get a tax bill deleted for a boat that I no longer own?
9. Does the County have a local accommodations tax ordinance?
10. Does the County have a local hospitality tax?