The York County 16 Collection & Recycling Centers are transitioning back to normal operations with COVID-19 preventive measures.
Beginning Thursday, May 14, the 16 Collection and Recycling Centers will operate as follows:
- All materials will be accepted including the collection of white goods (appliances), electronics, paint, batteries, oils, and fluorescent bulbs.
- The quantity of material accepted will be limited to the equivalent of one pick-up load per trip.
- Patrons need to bring only items that can be disposed of without assistance from staff.
To continue to protect the health and safety of residents and York County employees, the Centers will continue to ask patrons and staff to adhere to the below COVID-19 preventive measures:
- Maintain six feet of distance between each person.
- Do not congregate or engage in prolonged socialization.
- Minimize contact with all surfaces at the Centers.
Please be advised that the temporary traffic controls established at the Baxter, Lesslie, Lake Wylie, Mt. Gallant, and Eastview Centers are removed; please travel with caution when visiting the Centers.
For any questions or additional information, please call Public Works at (803) 628-3181.