To protect the health and safety of residents and York County employees, York County Public Works is instituting the below COVID-19 mitigation measures at the 16 Collection & Recycling Centers and the York County Landfill.
- Practice Social distancing. Residents and staff must maintain a minimum distance of 6 feet between them and other patrons.
- Do not congregate or engage in prolonged socialization
- Bring only items that can be disposed of without assistance. Staff has been directed to stop assisting residents with material disposal.
- Please consider waiting to dispose of items that can be stored until later (large & bulky items, paint, used oil, construction debris, electronics, etc.).
- Minimize contact with all surfaces at the Centers.
- Adhere to all posted signage for the appropriate disposal of materials.
Due to the beautiful weather and escalation of home cleaning/remodeling projects, there has been an increase in usage of the York County Landfill and the 16 collection & Recycling Centers.
“York County is committed to providing these services to our residents,” said Trish Startup, Public Information Officer. “The County asks that residents be patient at these locations and understand that the implementation of these COVID-19 mitigation measures coupled with the increased demand may result in longer than usual wait times.”
For any questions or additional information, please call York County Public Works at 803-628-3181.