York County continues to monitor the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) throughout South Carolina. In response to South Carolina Governor Henry McMaster’s Executive Order and for the safety of the public and York County employees, York County is instituting the following protective actions:
- York County will not disconnect water & sewer services for nonpayment’s during the duration of the Governor’s Executive Order.
- Beginning Tuesday, March 17, York County will suspend all York County sponsored public meetings such as community meetings and boards/commission meetings.
- All York County library branches will be closed until further notice.
- The Culture & Heritage Museums of York County will be closed until further notice.
- York County will allow various non-essential employees to work remotely or from home
York County Government will continue normal operations and services at this time. However, residents are encouraged to explore the numerous ways to conduct business online with York County. View online services: https://www.yorkcountygov.com/31/Online-Services
The York County Council meeting for Monday, March 16, is still scheduled for 6pm at the York County Government Center in York. The County has instituted social distancing measures and the meeting will be streamed live at www.yorkcountygov.com.
York County encourages the public to continue to practice prevention measures and follow recommendations as outlined by SCDHEC at https://www.scdhec.gov/ or CDC https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.