Contractors and homeowners who have recently cleared a site or multiple sites, please make sure the site(s) are as stabilized as possible. Remember you are responsible for any damage your site causes to others due to stormwater runoff regardless of it being the result of a hurricane. Since the weekend will bring a great deal of rain and wind, it is important that you do a thorough site inspection immediately. Doing your part now may save you a lot of time, money, and headaches later. Make sure:
• All silt fences are properly installed and clear of silt build up.
• All storm drains and channels are cleared and functional.
• All swales and check dams are functional and cleared of previous silt build up.
• To secure all loose debris, fuel tanks, and construction materials.
If you have basins on site, make sure:
• All skimmers are unclogged and functional.
• All slopes are stabilized with appropriate matting.
• Slopes are properly tracked parallel to the basin floor.
• Trash racks and riser vents are clear.
• All emergency spillways are free of excess vegetation and debris.
After the rain stops, immediately inspect your site and correct whatever BMPs need repairs.
If you have questions, please call York County environmental Compliance at at 803.909.7250