American Rescue Plan
The American Rescue Plan will deliver $350 billion for eligible state, local, territorial, and Tribal governments to respond to the COVID-19 emergency.
Through the American Rescue Plan is the Coronavirus State & Local Fiscal Recovery Funds. Through this program, the US Treasury has provided York County with approximately $54 million in two tranches. York County received the first tranche in the amount of approximately $27 million on June 1, 2021. A year from that date, York County will receive the second, and final, tranche. York County has to obligate these funds by Dec. 31, 2024, and complete all projects by Dec. 31, 2026. This direct funding to local governments provides relief to “respond to” and recover from the pandemic.
York County Council’s intent is not to “spend” this money, but “invest” in projects and initiatives that will impact our County as we continue to “respond to,” mitigate, and recover from the COVID-19 pandemic. It’s our goal to use these funds to impact and serve our entire community; not just one area. Areas the funds can be used for are as follows:
• Support public health expenditures, by, for example, funding COVID-19 mitigation efforts, medical expenses, behavioral healthcare, and certain public health and safety staff
• Address negative economic impacts caused by the public health emergency, including economic harms to workers, households, small businesses, impacted industries, and the public sector
• Replace lost public sector revenue, using this funding to provide government services to the extent of the reduction in revenue experienced due to the pandemic
• Provide premium pay for essential workers, offering additional support to those who have and will bear the greatest health risks because of their service in critical infrastructure sectors
• Invest in water, sewer, and broadband infrastructure, making necessary investments to improve access to clean drinking water, support vital wastewater and stormwater infrastructure, and to expand access to broadband internet
In accordance with Treasury's reporting and guidelines, York County has created a Recovery Performance Report (see below) to provide to Treasury and residents for transparency on how York County is investing these funds.
Recovery Performance Report
Residents may email their feedback and input on the county's SLFRF expenditures and potential expenditures via [email protected]. This input and feedback will be considered on current and future eligible expenditures.
As of August 31, 2021, the State and Local Fiscal Recovery Fund guidelines of eligibility are within an Interim final Rule (IFR). Therefore, York County's Performance Report is written in adherence to the IFR. When Treasury provides the Final Rule, this report will be edited to adhere to the Final Rule.
Additionally, this report will receive edits as information becomes available within York County Government and expenditures are edited and added. York County will note any changes to its report with a date beside the edited or added item.