Help Prevent the Spread of COVID-19
Everyone - no matter how healthy you are - should do the following to help prevent the spread of COVID-19:
-Wear a mask in public
-Stay at least 6 feet away from others
-Wash your hands frequently
-Stay home if you’re sick
This virus can infect anyone so it’s up to everyone to take personal health and safety precautions.
Below are helpful resources to learn more about what you can do to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and to protect yourself and others:
Additionally, for general questions about COVID-19, the DHEC Care Line is available at 1-855-472-3432. Staff are answering calls from 8 a.m.-6 p.m. every day.
Additional Steps to protect yourself and others:
Take steps to protect yourself:
- Clean your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
Take steps to protect others:
- Stay home if you’re sick
- Cover coughs and sneezes.
- Wear a facemask if you are sick. (If you are not sick, you do not need to wear a facemask unless you are caring for someone who is sick.)
- Clean AND disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. Most common EPA-registered household disinfectants will work
What to do if you are sick:
- Stay home except to get medical care
- Separate yourself from other people and animals in your home
- Call ahead before visiting your doctor
- Wear a facemask if you are sick
- Cover your coughs and sneezes
- Clean your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing; going to the bathroom; and before eating or preparing food.
- Avoid sharing personal household items
- Clean all “high-touch” surfaces everyday
- Monitor your symptoms. Seek prompt medical attention if your illness is worsening (e.g., difficulty breathing).
- Stay at home until instructed to leave
*This is not all inclusive. Please consult your medical provider for protective steps*