Stormwater Management Utility District
The Stormwater Utility District Feasibility Study was presented to Council at the March 3, 2018 Council meeting. Council approved First Reading at their June 18, 2018 meeting. Council will consider Second Reading of the ordinance establishing the district and hold a public hearing on July 16, 2018. Council meetings are held in Council Chambers in the County Administration Building located at 6 S. Congress Street, York. Meetings begin at 6:00 p.m. For more information, contact Mark Boland at 803-909-7243.
The Environmental Compliance division was established to provide for the management of water quality and for the control of stormwater and sediment in York County. The need for this more regimented approach to managing run-off comes as a result of the need to maintain quality development, as well as the protection of our waterways, wildlife and aquatic life.
Additionally, as part of our commitment to quality customer service, we promise to make every effort to assist applicants, respond to inquiries, and resolve complaints or concerns in a professional, courteous and timely manner. We are constantly striving to better our services and welcome your feedback. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Please feel free to contact us at any time.Responsibilities
- Protect the land and waters from the adverse effects of excessive soil erosion, sedimentation, and stormwater through good and responsible development.
- Reduce the damage potential of flood water and protect properties near land disturbing activities.
- Ensure that temporary erosion and sediment control measures are provided to protect individuals occupying land (adjacent to and downstream from proposed developments) from being damaged by sediment due to the proposed development.
- Provide a high level of customer service and communication to the public and private sectors.
- Provides educational services to the community through presentations to schools, community and civic groups.
Six Minimum Measures
- Public Education / Outreach
- Public Involvement / Participation
- Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination
- Construction Site Storm Water Runoff Control
- Post Construction Storm Water Management
- Pollution Prevention / Good Housekeeping