Commercial Site Plan Review
Plan Review Process
Plan review takes approximately 20 business days. When the review is complete, a notice will be sent to the contact person. If revisions are required, a list of the review comments will be included, along with instructions for re-submittal. If you have any questions or need assistance during the review process, please do not hesitate to contact our department at 803-909-7238.
- Building plans submitted online do not require paper copies to be submitted upon approval of the plans. Approved plans can be viewed and/or printed at http://evolvepublic.yorkcountygov.com/under applicant login. Other on-line plan submittals will need to submit 7 complete sets of paper copies for stamping purposes.
- If submitting paper copies, submit Eight (8) copies of the Site Plan drawn to scale (including site, landscaping, and stormwater plans).
One(1) completed and signed copies of the Commercial Site Plan Summary and Development Guide (PDF);
One (1) completed Performance Standard Agreement (PDF) (if Applicable);
- Environmental Compliance:
All applicable Environmental Compliance Control Forms: Notice of Intent, Stormwater Checklist, Stormwater Project Information Record, Financial Responsibility Ownership, PPMA, when required.
- Roads & Water
(check payable to York County Government):
- $500 - Initial Submittal
- $100 - 1st Resubmittal
- $250 - 2nd Resubmittal
- $1,000 - 3rd and Subsequent Resubmittal(s)
- $100 - per submission to Revise an Approved Plan
Environmental Compliance Land Disturbance Fees:
(check payable to York County Government)
- Initial Submittal - Number of disturbed acres or portion thereof (rounded up to the next whole acre) x $300
- Subsequent Re-Submittals - $50 for projects disturbing less than one acre or $100 up to a maximum of $750 for projects disturbing more than one acre. Fee is determined per disturbed acre or portion thereof (rounded up to next whole acre).
- Revision to Approved Plan - Is based on total project area, $100 for one to five acres, $200 up to twenty acres, $300 for greater than twenty acres.
- SCDHEC NPDES Permitting Fee (check payable to SCDHEC)
- $125 NPDES Permit Fee (Initial Permit Fee - Not required for Permit Revisions)
- $100 NPDES Permit Fee (Permit Revision Fee)
Once the owner/developer has received NPDES approval (if applicable) for the project (this is issued by SCDHEC and can take up to 14 days from the date othe project is approved by York County), you may contact the Environmental Compliance Office (Stormwater) at 803-909-7157 to schedule the pre-construction meeting.
This meeting will occur on-site with county staff members, the financially responsible person, site engineer, and the contractor (who must be licensed in South Carolina through the SC Labor Licensing Board). Your preliminary grading permit and zoning compliance will be issued at the pre-construction meeting.
Once this meeing has occurred, building permits can be applied for.