Civil Construction Plan Review
Plan Review Process
Plan review takes approximately 20 business days. When the review is complete, a notice will be sent to the contact person. If revisions are required, a list of the review comments will be included, along with instructions for re-submittal. If you have any questions or need assistance during the review process, please do not hesitate to contact our department at 803-909-7238.
- Online Plan Submittal Available! Visit: www.yorkcountygov.com/permitting
Log in or create an account, then select "Create Project"
- If submitting paper copies, submit one (1) copy of the Civil Construction Plans drawn to scale (including site, landscaping, and stormwater plans), and a signed copy of the Civil Construction Plan Summary & Development Guide (PDF) for initial review.
- Upon completed review and approval, six (6) paper copies of the approved plans will be required.
One(1) completed and signed copy of the Civil Construction Plan Summary and Development Guide (PDF);
One (1) completed Performance Standard Agreement (PDF) (if Applicable);
- Environmental Compliance:
All applicable Environmental Compliance Control Forms: Notice of Intent, Stormwater Checklist, Stormwater Project Information Record, Financial Responsibility Ownership, PPMA, when required.
- Roads & Water
(check payable to York County Government):
- $500 - Initial Submittal
- $100 - 1st Resubmittal
- $250 - 2nd Resubmittal
- $1,000 - 3rd and Subsequent Resubmittal(s)
- $100 - per submission to Revise an Approved Plan
Environmental Compliance Land Disturbance Fees:
(check payable to York County Government)
- Initial Submittal - Number of disturbed acres or portion thereof (rounded up to the next whole acre) x $300
- Resource Remediation - $50 per disturbed acre (rounded up to next whole acre).
- Subsequent Re-Submittals - $50 for projects disturbing less than one acre or $100 up to a maximum of $750 for projects disturbing more than one acre. Fee is determined per disturbed acre or portion thereof (rounded up to next whole acre).
- Revision to Approved Plan - Is based on total project area, $100 for one to five acres, $200 up to twenty acres, $300 for greater than twenty acres.
- SCDHEC NPDES Permitting Fee (check payable to SCDHEC)
- $125 NPDES Permit Fee (Initial Permit Fee - Not required for Permit Revisions)
- $100 NPDES Permit Fee (Permit Revision Fee)
Upon approval of the land disturbance plan, York County will forward all necessary documentation to South Carolina DHEC. SCDHEC will issue the NPDES permit once their review is complete/approved. SCDHEC review time is an estimated 14 business days.
The permittee will then reach out to the Environmental Compliance Inspector listed on their approval letter to schedule the Pre-Construction Meeting. Pre-Construction Meetings can only be scheduled once all approvals are obtained and all necessary documentation is submitted to the York County Development Coordinating Center.
This meeting will occur on-site with the Environmental Compliance Inspector, the financially responsible person, site engineer, and the contractor (who must be licensed in South Carolina through SCLLR). Your preliminary grading permit will be issued at the Pre-Construction Meeting and work to install sediment and erosion control measures can begin.