Digital Plan Submittal:
You can set-up a unique account to access permit applications, upload site and building plans, inspection scheduling, fee payment and more. We want you to have the fastest, easiest and most convenient experience working with the County and the software.
Working with York County Planning and Development Services has never been easier. You can now submit projects and permits online. Click on the blue box above.
- All required documents must be included at the time of submittal.
- View our payment (PDF) policies.
- Updates on the status of your submittal will be available online.
- December 20, 2019, Policy on Permitting, Design and Construction of Earth Retaining Structures or Retaining Walls
- October 21, 2019, County Council approved new and amended fees under CHAPTER 31: SECTION 31.01 - Rates, Fees and Charges of the York County Code of Ordinances.
The purpose of these changes is to address the varying level of costs associated with road construction and materials for the three types of roadways typically permitted by York County by appropriately varying the bond amount required for these roadway types to be dedicated to the County. The fee changes include the following bond amounts under Engineering and Public Works Departments and are effective as of October 21, 2019 for all applicable construction projects.
- Improvement guarantee fund: local roadway section with curb and gutter
$55 per foot of roadway
- Improvement guarantee fund: local roadway section with ditch
$40 per foot of roadway
- Improvement guarantee fund: light commercial / industrial roadway section
$70 per foot of roadway
As part of our commitment to quality customer service, we promise to make every effort to assist applicants, respond to inquiries, and resolve complaints or concerns in a professional, courteous and timely manner. We are constantly striving to better our services and welcome your feedback. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Please feel free to contact us at any time. Quality Service Matters!