Building & Codes
The Building and Codes division is charged with enforcing South Carolina adopted internationally recognized construction standards for all new construction, renovations, and additions. Inspection personnel are certified by the State of South Carolina Building Code Council and strive to provide efficient and responsive service to the citizens of York County to ensure that contractors performing work in York County are properly licensed and qualified to perform in South Carolina. York County does not require a "business license" to contract work in the unincorporated areas of the County.
Additionally, as part of our commitment to quality customer service, we promise to make every effort to assist applicants, respond to inquiries, and resolve complaints or concerns in a professional, courteous and timely manner. We are constantly striving to better our services and welcome your feedback.
- Administrate the inspection and permitting program.
- Interpret, direct, and coordinate the enforcement of the International Code series.
- Assist outlying governing agencies with inspection and plan review.
- Provide administrative services to the Building Board of Appeals.
- Ensure that contractors are properly licensed in the State of South Carolina to perform work.
For information regarding the design, inspection or approval of septic or waste disposal systems, please call SCDHEC at 803-898-3432 or (Local to York County) 803-909-7370
For certification of manufactured homes and information, contact the Manufactured Housing Board South Carolina Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | SCLLR . /documentcenter/index/133
- 2021 International Building Code with SC modifications
- 2021 International Residential Code with SC modifications
- 2021 International Fire Code with SC modifications
- 2021 International Plumbing Code with SC modifications
- 2021 International Mechanical Code with SC modifications
- 2021 International Fuel, Gas Code with SC modifications
- 2021 International Existing Building Code
- 2020 National Electric Code (NFPA 70) with SC modifications
- 2009 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2017 International A117.1 Accessible and Usable Buildings and Facilities @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>