Department of Fire Safety
The Department of Fire Safety offers residents a wide range of fire prevention and fire protection services. Employees are trained and equipped to provide fire safety inspections, fire investigations, and public fire education programs for people of all ages.
Because volunteers are crucial to the rural fire system, the department supplies the County's 16 volunteer fire departments with in-depth firefighting instruction at its training facility on McFarland Road in York, South Carolina. Additionally, the department's award-winning fire truck building and maintenance program continues to earn a reputation for excellence by saving tax dollars and by providing state-of-the-art equipment.
- Conducts routine quarterly fire and life safety inspections for all businesses in the unincorporated area of York County.
- Conducts plan reviews and occupancy inspections for all new commercial construction projects.
- Conducts fire investigations to determine origin and cause of suspicious or undetermined fires. Works closely with law enforcement to arrest and prosecute arson suspects.
- Conducts public fire educations classes in schools and operates the fire safety house and Patches and Pumper robot for schools, civic groups and public events.
- Performs routine maintenance, service and repair of all county fire apparatus.
- Designs, constructs and fabricates fire apparatus for use in the county.
- Performs annual flow tests and preventive maintenance on all fire hydrants in the unincorporated areas of the county.
- Performs SCBA annual tests / maintenance and performs annual firefighter fit tests in accordance with OSHA standards.
- Assists all fire departments with ISO regulations and tests.
- Operates and maintains the firefighter training center and conducts / coordinates training for all fire departments in the county.
- Maintains personnel records, insurance information and workman's compensation information on all volunteer firefighters.
- Through the Board of Rural Fire Control, provides all necessary apparatus, firefighting equipment, personal protective equipment, training and insurance for firefighters to perform their duties.
- 4th of July Fireworks Safety from Fire Safe SC
- Bethel Volunteer Fire Dept job posting 2019 (pdf)
- Brick-Paver Form (pdf) *NEW*
- Burning Ordinance - York County (PDF)
- Burning Regulations - DHEC (PDF)
- Chiefs Meeting List 2019
- Commercial Building Plan Review Application (PDF)
- EVDT Refresher Updated Version (PDF)
- Fire Service ISO Ratings (PDF) *NEW*
- Firefighter Awards Policy 100.01
- Firefighter ID Badge Form (PDF) *New*
- Firefighter Injury Forms 2018-19 *NEW* (pdf)
- Firefighter Physical Full Form *Improved* (PDF) 08-28-2018
- Fireworks Stand Licensing (PDF)
- HazMat Team Application (PDF) *New*
- Incident Investigation Report (PDF)
- Meritorious Award Nomination Form (PDF)
- Plan Review Information - Building Plans (PDF)
- Plan Review Information - Site Plans (PDF)
- Plan Review Information - Sprinkler Plans (PDF)
- Repair Request for Pagers (PDF)
- Repair Request for Portable Radios (PDF)
- SC Fire Academy COURSE REGISTRATION FORM
- Sprinkler Certificate of Compliance (PDF)
- Sprinkler Shop Drawings - Request for LLR Review (PDF)
- Sprinkler Specification Sheet (PDF)
- Tent Permit Requirements (PDF)
- Turn Out Gear Request Form (PDF)
- Vehicle Incident Report (PDF)
- VFIS Accident Sickness Claim Form (PDF)
- Year End Report 2018
- York County Rural Fire Program Year End Report - 2017