- Departments E - I
- Human Resources
Responsible for recruiting new employees for vacant positions, managing training, benefit and classification/compensation programs for existing York County Employees and processing a bi-weekly payroll for 1100 employees.
- Recruit applicants for vacant positions for all county departments
- Screen applicants for minimum qualifications for positions
- Manage benefits programs for employees (i.e. medical, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance coverages; S.C. Retirement, S.C. Deferred Compensation etal. )
- Implement and maintain employee sick/vacation/holiday and compensatory leave policies
- Manage and oversee implementation of Federal laws governing Family & Medical Leave
- Input and process biweekly payroll according to county policies and Federal Fair Labor Standards to ensure employees are paid appropriately
- Manage a classification/compensation program for employees which provides job descriptions and appropriate pay levels based on skill and educational requirements
- Manage an employee training program to which assists employees in gaining information to improve their technical and conceptual skills to improve their overall performance
- Provide assistance to employees and retirees as needed
This Office Does Not
- Make hiring decisions regarding employment vacancies. Department heads have that responsibility. HR does perform necessary background checks and monitors new hire drug screen procedures.
- Does not discuss individual medical information with providers or employees due to Federal HIPPA privacy laws.
Current job openings are posted on this web site. If you are interested in applying, you may fill out an on-line application. Applications are only accepted for current job openings.
York County is an equal opportunity employer