Water & Sewer
The York County Water and Sewer Department operates and maintains water and sewer systems in defined service areas in eastern York County and western York County. The department purchases water from the City of Rock Hill. The county has in excess of 14,000 retail customers in its service areas. York County also provides service to the City of York (803-684-7172). Sewer service is provided through a collection system owned by York County with treatment being provided by the City of Rock Hill's Manchester Creek Wastewater Treatment Facility.
- Provide drinking water to defined service areas in eastern and western York County.
- Conduct monthly meter reading and maintain billing services.
- Operate and maintain water transmission facilities and sewer collection facilities in compliance with state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Perform monthly and annual regulatory testing to ensure all drinking water standards are met.
This Office Does Not
- Maintain or operate any well systems.
- Install septic tanks or approve plans for septic tanks.
- Own or operate any water or wastewater treatment facilities.
- Provide natural gas services or residential garbage service.
- We do not provide backflow testing.
In order to improve efficiency and aid in meter reading, York County Water/Sewer has hired a private contractor, M & E Construction, to replace many of the older water meters throughout our system. You may see workers from M & E performing these meter “change-outs” during the day in your neighborhood. We hope the work will be finished within a few months and during this time if you have any questions or comments please email us at [email protected]. Thank you.
Documents & Forms
- Water and Sewer Application and Information (PDF)
- Irrigation Application - Residential Only (PDF)
- Water and Sewer Impact Capacity Tap Fees Deposits
- Stage 1 Drought Information (PDF)
- Catawba-Wateree Drought Management Advisory Group (PDF)
- FOG Program Manual And Application 2022
- YC Water Sewer Ordinances
- Water and Sewer Rate Schedules
- Bank Draft Form