Master in Equity
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the following safety measures have been implemented that impact the office of the Master in Equity.
ALL FORECLOSURE SALES ARE CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
By order of the S.C. Supreme Court, all foreclosure hearings, foreclosure sales, writs of assistance and writs of ejectments are cancelled, and the Master in Equity may not proceed in any other manner regarding foreclosures. These restrictions remain in effect until further order by the Supreme Court. S.C. Supreme Court Admin Order Re: Statewide Evictions and Foreclosures.
All other non-jury hearings have been cancelled through May 1, 2020, except emergency hearings which shall be held at the discretion of the Chief Judge for Administrative Purposes. S.C. Supreme Court Admin Order Re: Circuit Court Schedule and Judicial Travel.
The office of the Master in Equity is closed to the public until further notice. We ask at this time that you direct all inquiries by email to Robin Krecek at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To hear and decide all non-jury civil cases in the County, and to conduct judicial sales of real estate.
- Hear and decide civil cases where a jury trial has been waived or is not permitted as a matter of right.
- Hear and decide motions in civil cases which are set for a jury trial.
- Hear appeals from administrative boards of the County and municipalities in the County, the Probate Court, the Magistrate's Courts decisions in civil cases, and appeals from administrative agencies such as the Workers Compensation Commission, the Employment Security Commission and other agencies.
- Hear and decide mortgage foreclosure cases.
- Prepare and post on the County website foreclosure sale information.
- Conduct and process mortgage foreclosure sales.
- Hear and decide motions or other proceedings involving enforcement of judgments, settlements in cases of wrongful death or involving minors.
- Hear and decide all cases requesting special remedies.
This Office Does Not:
- We do not hear any matters pertaining to criminal cases.
- We do not prepare for the public any legal documents pertaining to cases which may be heard by the Equity Court, such as for enforcement or collection of judgments, for eviction of persons from property, or for civil appeals.
- We do not give legal advice of any kind to the public concerning any case which may be heard by the Equity Court.
- We do not have any responsibility in connection with properties being sold for delinquent taxes, including tax sale procedure or process, or the sales of such properties. If you are interested in information about delinquent tax sales, please call 803-909-7272.
- We do not perform any function related to examining title to or the inspection of mortgage foreclosure properties.
- We do not perform any functions relating to estates or probate matters.