The Utilities Division of the Engineering Department oversees the design and construction of water and sewer projects within the County's utility service territory. Utility oversight includes system extensions by developers and capital improvement projects.
By establishing standards, reviewing designs for compliance, and inspecting utility infrastructure for implementation of set standards, the Utility Division serves to promote reliable water and sewer systems and sound developments.
- Review subdivision plans from developer's engineers in accordance with York County and the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (SCDHEC) design standards.
- Review design plans and technical specifications from engineering consultants for York County Capital Projects in accordance with York County, SCDHEC, and SCDOT design standards.
- Provide design services for water & sewer extension projects, including the acquisition of right-of-way and the calculation of tap fees.
- Provide inspection services for subdivision, SCDHEC improvement, and other York County department construction projects in accordance with York County, SCDHEC, and SCDOT design standards.
- Develop and/or revise York County design standards and ordinances in order to properly review submitted documents from all possible sources.
- Provide customer service and technical assistance to all York County departments, other government agencies, consultants, vendors, developers, public, etc. for all projects on an as needed basis.
- Provide long-range infrastructure planning for future York County Engineering Department and Capital Improvement projects.
- Develop Request for Proposals (RFP) / Request for Qualifications (RFQ) / Invitation to Bid for consultant or contractor services. This includes reviewing and evaluating all proposals, qualifications and/or bids for recommendation to the York County Council.