Deceased Animals

If you wish to report a deceased animal on any state maintained road in York County, call the South Carolina Department of Transportation.

Please report to the following agencies:
  • If you live in the Tega Cay, Fort Mill, or Rock Hill area, call 803-327-6186.
  • If you live in the western York County area, call 803-684-4511.
  • If there is a deceased animal on a County maintained road, such as a gravel road, call Road Maintenance at 803-628-3200.
You may drop off deceased domestic animals at York County Solid Waste Disposal located at 289 Public Works Road, York, South Carolina. The deceased pet must be placed in double plastic bags. For hours of operation click here.

Related Documents

Amendments to Animal Control Ordinance (Effective 9/3/19)