- Departments E - I
- Finance & Treasurer
Treasurer & Finance
2022 Property Tax Bills
On Friday October 7th, York County mailed the 2022 property tax bills. The video below may answer many of your frequently asked questions.
The Finance Office maintains the financial records of the County and is responsible for compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and with principles prescribed by the Governmental Accounting Standards Board.
- Collects local accommodations and hospitality taxes
- Conducts countywide internal control reviews
- Conducts day-to-day accounting functions including accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, and general ledger transactions
- Manages debt service for county and school districts
- Projection of revenues and expenditures for long and short term planning
- Provides grant administration
- Works with County Department Heads and County Manager's Office to prepare a balanced, conservative and fiscally sound budget for the Manager to recommend to County Council
- Works with the Independent Auditors to prepare the County's Comprehensive Annual Financial Report
Main ComponentsThe Treasurer/Finance Department consists of 2 main components, Finance and Tax Collection. The Tax Collection component includes all services related to the collection of county, municipal, and school taxes (current and delinquent) as billed by the county Auditor and Tax Assessor Offices. You may view and pay your taxes online. The Tax Collection Office also collects water/sewer payments.
This Office Does Not
- Have authority to alter hours for payroll purposes
- Have authority to create or change tax bills
- Have authority to establish or change assessed values
- Have authority to expend non budgeted funds
SC Unclaimed Property Program
Millions of dollars are transferred to the SC Unclaimed Property Program each year by companies that cannot locate property owners. Individuals, estates, businesses, churches and charities can have unclaimed property. Administered by the State Treasurer’s Office, there is currently over $650 million available to claim. It only takes a minute to find out if there is money in your name. Click on the picture the below to begin searching.