Taxes & Water/Sewer
- In Office - Cash, Check, Debit/Credit (convenience fees are added at check-out for card use)
- Mail - Envelopes are provided for your convenience. Processing is determined by Postmark date.
- Online - Payments will not be posted paid for 24 hrs, or the next business day (convenience fees are added at check-out for card use) e-check available at no charge
- Phone - Taxes - (866)541-4097 Water/Sewer - (866)541-4098 (convenience fees are added at check-out for card use) e-check available at no charge
Responsible for collection and accounting of real and personal property taxes and water/sewer payments.
- Collect and process real and personal property tax payments; respond to taxpayer inquiries regarding tax bills.
- Report vehicle tax payments to the South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV), respond to taxpayer inquiries regarding DMV tags.
- In accordance with South Carolina law, pursue collection of delinquent property taxes through notification, advertisement and auction of delinquent property for collection of taxes, penalties and costs.
- Register new customers for York County water/sewer service; process all payments for water/sewer services.
- Receive and review various records and reports including bankruptcy claims, returned checks, business and personal property records, check requests, collection reports, and tax sale activity reports.
Important Contact Information
Contact information is provided below for other items relating to property taxes, assessments and ownership.
To apply for 4% special assessment for legal residence:
- For appraised values on home/land
- For change of address on real estate
- To apply for farm use assessment
- To apply for refunds on real estate taxes
Phone: 803-684-8501 or 803-909-7171
To apply for vehicle tax refund:
- Business personal property question
- Request millage rate information
- To apply for exemption for vehicle tax for military personnel
- To apply for exemption on vehicle tax through South Carolina Department of Revenue
- To apply for high mileage
- To apply for homestead exemption (65 years of age, blind or disabled)
- To contest value on vehicle taxes
- To request a change on vehicle tax bills (vehicle sold, tag transferred)
- To request estimate on vehicle taxes
- To request tax bill to be mailed
Clerk of Court Register of Deeds
- To request a copy of a deed
- To request a copy of a plat
- To request mortgage company documents
- To request property lien information