- Departments J - R
- Risk Management
FunctionsThe Risk Management Department ensures that the risks of the County's assets, liabilities and employees are adequately insured. This office handles all workers' compensation, property, vehicle, equipment, liability, fidelity and crime insurance matters. Insurance claims are reviewed, reported and processed by this department.
Additionally, the Risk Management Department ensures that all County employees are provided a safe and healthful work environment as required by the General Duty Clause from the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and other pertinent regulations as mandated by OSHA. The Safety Coordinator reports violations to the concerned department head for corrective action and, if necessary, can report any hazard violation and recommend corrective action directly to the County Manager's Office.
A Safety Committee, comprised of front line supervisors and department heads representing a cross section of County departments, meets quarterly and assists this office in developing policy and identifying and resolving unsafe working conditions.
- Insure all property and equipment owned by the County.
- Administer the Workers' Compensation Program for the County.
- Process insurance claims related to County property, blood borne pathogens and defensive driving.
- Conduct job site audits to assist employees in complying with applicable regulations and to record violations.
- Provide safety training materials, equipment, equipment and workers' compensation.
- Maintain all workers' compensation, fall protection, fidelity and crime insurance claim files for the County.
- Complete and maintain OSHA record-keeping logs and reports.
- Train all County employees in general safety awareness, general construction and ergonomics.
- Prepare statistical analyses of injuries and accidents to determine proactive approaches to prevention, hazardous communications, including safety videos and handouts.
- Work closely with the Superintendent of County Property and supervisors to correct hazards.
- Train county departments in different safety standards such as confined space, liability, personal protective equipment, property, vehicle.
This Office Does Not
- Compile vehicle and equipment repair estimates
- Perform private sector enforcement or inspections
- Provide health and disability insurance for County employees