Military Exemptions

Soldiers & Sailors Relief Act & the Military Spouses Residency Relief Act

Based on the Soldiers and Sailors Relief Act and the Military Spouses Residency Relief Act, if you are active duty military and claim another State other than South Carolina as your primary residence, you are exempt from taxation in York County on any personal property registered under your name or your spouse's name. In order to be granted the exemption, you must submit a current Leave and Earnings Statement to our office when you receive your tax bill(s).