Identify, map, classify, appraise and assess residential, commercial, agricultural and vacant property in York County for ad valorem taxation within the guidelines of the South Carolina Code of Laws, South Carolina Department of Revenue regulations and York County Ordinances.
The Assessor's Office also maintains inventory of all real property for property tax purposes in York County depicting land ownership boundaries, along with data records showing ownership, legal descriptions and tax districts.
Provide annual real estate assessments to the County Auditor. Reappraise and reassess all property every 5 years in accordance with Section 12-43-217 of the South Carolina Code of Laws. The information on these web pages are a brief description of the everyday duties in the York County Assessor's office. If you need more information, please feel free to contact the Assessor's Office.
- Appraise real estate and mobile homes for ad valorem tax
- Maintain an inventory of mobile homes in the County
- Maintain records of deed sale transactions, building permits, tax maps and other records necessary for a continuous reassessment program
- Produce an annual certified assessment roll for ad valorem taxation for all properties within the Assessor's jurisdiction
- Represent the County in property tax appeals to the Board of Assessment Appeals and the Administrative Law Judge Division
- Review and qualify real properties for legal residence and agricultural special assessments. If you believe that someone is receiving legal residence on multiple properties please notify the Assessor's Office
This Office Does Not
- Assess manufacturing or utility property. If you need information concerning manufacturing or utility property, please contact the South Carolina Department of Revenue
- Assess personal property such as cars or boats. If you need information concerning vehicle or personal property, please contact the York County Auditor's Office
- Collect tax payments, learn more by contacting York County Tax Collection