Golf Cart Registration
To bring a golf cart into Allison Creek Park, golf carts must first be registered with park staff.
For campers, golf carts can be registered during check-in. Golf carts can be registered prior to check-in by emailing [email protected] with your completed Golf Cart Registration Form, a copy of your golf cart liability insurance, AND a copy of your driver's license.
For neighborhood golf cart owners, golf cart registration can be completed by emailing [email protected] with your completed Golf Cart Registration Form, a copy of your golf cart liability insurance, AND a copy of your driver's license.
Golf cart owners must complete the registration form, provide York County Parks and Recreation with a copy of their golf cart liability insurance from their insurance provider, AND a valid driver’s license in order to register their golf cart(s). Once registered, you will be issued a Golf Cart Registration Sticker. All registration stickers expire on December 31st each year.
a. The owner of the golf cart must maintain a minimum of $50,000 Bodily Injury and Property Damage Liability Insurance on their golf cart and verify that their insurance covers all authorized drivers.
b. The golf cart must have working headlights permanently attached to the front of the cart and working lights or reflectors on the rear of the cart. Golf carts driven after sunset must have their lights turned on at all times.
c. Golf Carts cannot be rented from outside sources/companies.
Golf Cart Rules/Policy:
- Operator(s) of golf carts must be at least 16 years of age and have in their possession a VALID driver’s license to operate a golf cart anywhere in South Carolina. The licensed driver must be in complete control of the golf cart at ALL times.
- Golf carts driven after sunset must have their lights turned on. Golf carts cannot be operated between the hours of 11:00 pm – 7:00 am without a legitimate destination (such as the restrooms, fishing pier, boat ramps, etc.).
- Golf Carts must be driven properly at all times and only driven on paved roadways. No reckless driving, racing, or misuse of golf carts will be tolerated. Drivers must obey all traffic signs. Golf carts are not to be driven on campsites or restricted areas. All passengers must be safely seated on the golf cart at all times.
- No loud, vulgar, or offensive music or language. Please keep the volume level on radios, stereos, or other audio devices low so other guests are not disturbed. Any music must be family friendly.
- No open containers of alcoholic beverages on your golf cart (or in your possession, with the exception of your campsite).
- Golf cart owners are responsible for the operation of their golf carts. The golf cart owners shall indemnify and hold York County Parks and Recreation harmless from and against any and all liability, including bodily injury and property damage arising out of the use or operation of the equipment by the golf cart owner and anyone using or operating the same with the golf cart owner express or implied consent.
- The rules for operating a personally owned golf cart outside of a York County Park is as follows:
- The golf cart must be registered with the SCDMV and have the registration sticker attached on the front of the golf cart.
- You may only operate the golf cart during daylight hours and within 4 miles of your home, business, or the campground.
- You may only drive on secondary roads with a speed limit of 35 mph or less.
- The driver must be at least 16 years old and have a driver’s license in their possession.
- A maximum of 5 people per golf cart at any given time.
- All golf cart owners/drivers are responsible for the operation of their golf cart, including any damages that result from operations.
- Golf carts must be driven only on paved surfaces. Golf carts are not allowed on any trails or in any restricted areas.
- The golf cart registration decal cannot be duplicated or reproduced in any way. Attempts to duplicate the decal will void the decal and you may be evicted from park property.
- Golf cart violations will result in the following actions: (ZERO TOLERANCE)
- 1st Offense: Written warning and copy given to the owner and a copy kept on file.
- 2nd Offense: The second offense will result in the loss of golf cart privileges at York County Parks for one year. The golf cart must be removed from the campground or stored on a trailer until departure. Failure to comply will result in eviction from the park.