Please be sure to read the "Social Media Disclaimer & Comment Policy" for York County below:
Social Media Disclaimer & Comment Policy
You have been directed to this page from a York County Government Social Media Site. The following Disclaimer applies to the use of that site.
The purpose of York County's participation in social media is to enhance communication, collaboration, information exchange and transparency, streamline processes, and foster productivity. York County endorses the secure use of social media to enhance and support County program goals and objectives.
York County uses social media to engage residents, to learn about needs and concerns, to contribute to relevant conversations, and to promote County programs and services. Despite efforts to keep the County-provided information timely and accurate, users should be aware that the information available through this social media tool may not be timely, accurate, or complete. No communication to York County through social media shall be deemed to constitute legal or official notice for any purpose. York County disclaims any responsibility or liability for any misstatement, misunderstanding, and losses, directly or indirectly, on the part of the users.
We encourage you to submit helpful and useful comments. However, this is a moderated online information site, not a public forum. York County reserves the right to delete any inappropriate comments in accordance with this policy. Furthermore, York County does not guarantee or warrant that any information posted by users on this site is correct and disclaims any liability whatsoever for any loss or damage resulting from reliance on any such information.
There is no endorsement, implied or otherwise, by York County of any fan posts, links, or photos. Site administrators, writers, and fans are fully responsible for the content they submit. Opinions expressed by site administrators, writers, and fans are not the opinions of York County. York County social media sites are intended to serve as a mechanism for communication between the public and York County on the listed topics. Any comments or postings submitted to York County social media sites may be subject to disclosure pursuant to the Freedom of Information Act found in S.C. Code § 3-4-10 et seq.
Comments are important to us and others who read these pages. Since our community includes people of all ages and backgrounds, this disclaimer is intended to ensure that all posted comments are appropriate for all ages; courteous and respectful of others; and related to matters, activities, programs, policies, or operations relevant to York County.
Terms of Participation
Anyone who posts a comment to a York County social media site must agree to the following terms.
- Users will treat others with respect.
- Users warrant that they own or have permission to post the information contained in their postings, including but not limited to video, photos, or digital reproductions and that the posting does not infringe on a copyright or trademark.
- Users of this site do not retain any rights over their postings. Postings are intended for public view, and any personal information posted constitutes a waiver of any rights to privacy or confidentiality.
- Once posted, York County Government reserves the right to delete submissions that contain vulgar language, personal attacks of any kind, or offensive comments that target or disparage any race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regards to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation or content otherwise deemed inappropriate. Further, York County Government also reserves the right to delete comments that are: (i) spam or include links to other sites; (ii) clearly off topic; (iii) advocate illegal activity; (iv) promote particular services, products, or political organizations; or (v) infringe on copyrights or trademarks.
- York County may block violators.
Removal of Information
Note that information, including personally identifiable information, which you voluntarily submit to or publish on a York County page on a third-party social media site may be treated as public information and archived accordingly in order to abide with applicable laws. If you choose to engage with York County through a blog or comment feature on a third-party social media website or application, York County reserves the right to delete comments or postings that are inconsistent with the policies in this disclaimer, including, but not limited to comments that contain the following prohibited words, text, or information:
- Personally identifiable information, including but not limited to Social Security Numbers, home or business addresses, e-mail addresses, or phone numbers;
- Defamatory, vulgar, obscene, abusive, profane, threatening, hateful, intimidating, or otherwise offensive language;
- Sexual content or links to sexual content;
- Malicious or offensive comments based on gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, political affiliation, religion, sexual orientation, disability, or other classifications;
- Solicitation of funds;
- Solicitations or advertisements, including promotion or endorsement of any financial, commercial, or non-governmental agency;
- Attempts to defame or defraud any individual or organization;
- Information that promotes or opposes any political party, person campaigning for elected office, or any ballot proposition;
- Viruses or similar harmful programs, including spam and similar content;
- Comments that are clearly off topic;
- Intellectual property or proprietary information posted without the permission or approval of the owner, including copyrighted or trandemarked images or graphics and images not owned by the user;
- Comments on matters unrelated to the activities of York County; County boards, committees, or programs; policies, operations, or general areas of responsibility and representation;
- Information that may compromise the safety or security of the public, public officials, or public systems;
- Information that violates a local, state, or national law or suggests or encourages illegal activity;
- Reports of criminal or suspicious activity (If you have information for law enforcement, please contact your local law enforcement agency.);
- Any claims, demands, informal or formal complaints, or any other form of legal or administrative notices or processes;
- Duplicate posts; or
- Embedded links to external websites or applications.
Users participate at their own risk and are personally responsible for their own comments, username, and any information provided. York County does not discriminate against any views but reserves the right to block users and/or delete comments that are inconsistent with this disclaimer.
The comments expressed on this site do not necessarily reflect the opinions or positions of York County, South Carolina, or its officers, agents, affiliates, or employees nor does York County guarantee the accuracy of such information posted by members of the public on those websites. If you have any questions concerning the operation of this moderated online information site, please contact us at 803-684-8511 or email@example.com