The Equipment Maintenance Department provides routine and preventive maintenance and repair to over 438 pieces of motorized equipment and vehicles belonging to departments and agencies of York County. Department staff operates and manage the county’s fleet fueling system as well as provide 24-hour emergency road service for county vehicles when needed. The facility is located in York near the Moss Justice Center. You may contact Equipment Maintenance at the above location.
The Equipment Maintenance Department offers support services to all County departments in the area of vehicle and heavy equipment maintenance. The current fleet size is 438 vehicles and equipment with the number increasing annually.
- Maintenance and service on all County owned vehicles and heavy equipment.
- Perform unscheduled repairs and diagnostics on all County owned vehicles.
- Operate County owned wrecker in the event a County vehicle is inoperable.
- Operate and maintain the County owned refueling sites in York and Rock Hill. Provide gasoline and diesel fuel for several outside agencies, i.e. the City of York, York County Council on Aging, and the York County Board of Disabilities & Special Needs and others.
- Oversee the annual replacement of aging County vehicles.
- Write vehicle specifications for all County vehicle and heavy equipment bid solicitations.
- Ready new vehicles and heavy equipment for service and removing from service all vehicles and heavy equipment being replaced and scheduled for auction.
This Office Does Not:
- Handle driveway culvert installations. Contact Public Works for information regarding culverts.
- Who handles the purchasing of vehicles for your department?
- The Purchasing Department handles the acquisition of all County vehicles. Equipment Maintenance writes the bid specifications and answers questions regarding bid specifications.
- Do you have any job openings?
- Please contact the Human Resources Department or check the York County website for updated information.