This site was originally launched in August 2009 and the redesign was deployed in May 2015. For questions or comments regarding this website please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
It was designed for you to get information quickly. Often the desired information may be found here without entering into one of our Dynamic GIS Online Viewers.
----- Disclaimer -----
The data provided on this site are prepared for the inventory of real property found within York County and are compiled from recorded plats, deeds, and other public records and data. This data is for informational purposes only and should not be substituted for a true title search, property appraisal survey, or for zoning verification. York County assumes no legal responsibility for the information contained in this data. Map data are based on the South Carolina state plane coordinate system, NAD83.
YORK COUNTY, SOUTH CAROLINA GOVERNMENT, AND ITS MAPPING CONTRACTORS DO NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY OF THE DISPLAYED INFORMATION AND SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTY FOR MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THIS MAP IS NOT A LEGAL SURVEY.
- How do I get a map made of … ?
- Use the GIS Online website to zoom to the area in question, add the appropriate map layers, and then print the map.
- My property is not drawn correctly (e.g. the boundary is drawn on top of my house). What should I do?
- There are many variations to this question. Use the submit problems website to let
us know what the issue is. A representative from the County Tax Assessor's Office will review your inquiry and let you
know what actions are taken.
- My property is not supposed to look like what is presented when I review it using the GIS Online website.
- Always check the officially recorded document for the legal description of the property. The disclaimer on the GIS web pages describes how the digital drawing of the property boundaries is an approximation of the legal documents.
- How do I access historical aerial photography?
- Our imagery viewer can be used to view and make printable maps of aerial photos from 1970 through our most recent.
- How do I obtain digital files of GIS data layers?
- Please visit our data download page for details about obtaining digital files.