Execute the policies and directives of County Council
Oversee day-to-day operations of York County Government
The Manager is hired by the York County Council to serve as the County's Chief Administrative Officer. In addition to carrying out the directives and policies of Council, the Manager oversees the day-to-day operations of County Government.
- Execute the policies, directives and legislative actions of Council
- Direct and coordinate activities of York County Government
- Supervise the spending of County funds as directed by Council or in accordance with the approved County budget
- Prepare reports for Council on finances and administrative activities
- Inform Council of anticipated revenues, including taxes, user fees, etc., that are necessary to meet the financial requirements of the County
- Respond to requests for information or assistance from individuals, businesses, private organizations, other governments and community groups
- Work with York County's elected officials in reaching common goals
- Present annual budget requests to Council for approval
Council-Manager form of Government - Form of local government in which the county council appoints a professional public administrator to implement policies and direct the work of the county. Under the Council-Manager Form of Government, the Auditor and Treasurer are appointed officials (not elected). York County residents approved the Council Manager form of Government by referendum in 1977.
- I have a complaint regarding a County department or employee. What should I do?
- The County Manager's Office responds to complaints regarding services provided by County departments and will help resolve the problem by working with the appropriate department. Please call (803) 684-8511 for assistance.
- What department or agency should I call to provide a particular service that I need?
- The Manager’s Office serves as a referral source for citizens, businesses, organizations and other governmental agencies. This office directs individuals to the proper county department. Please call (803) 684-8511 for assistance.