The Engineering Department’s primary role is to provide planning, design, and construction management of the County’s Capital Improvement Projects.
- County Facility Projects (Building Renovations and Property Enhancement)
- Transportation Improvement Projects (C-Funds, Critical Needs and Pennies for Progress)
- Water and Sewer Projects (Capital Improvement, Subdivision and Commercial)
- Project management for facility and water/sewer capital improvement projects.
- Program management for the Pennies for Progress program.
- Project management for county and state funded transportation projects.
- Review design plans and technical specifications for York County Capital water, sewer and road projects, in accordance with York County, SCDHEC and SCDOT design standards.
- Provide design and right-of-way acquisition services for minor roadway and water/sewer projects.
- Provide inspection services for subdivisions (roadway, water/sewer) in accordance with York County, SCDHEC and SCDOT design standards.
- Develop and/or revise York County design standards and ordinances.
- Provide long-range infrastructure planning for future facility and water/sewer projects.
- Develop Request for Proposals (RFP) for engineering services related to capital projects.
- Develop Request for Qualifications (RFQ) and Invitation to Bid for construction projects.
- Provide customer service and technical assistance to all York County departments, government agencies, consultants, vendors, developers, public, etc. for all projects.
This Office Does Not:
- Plan review services for proposed subdivision or commercial developments - Contact Planning and Development Department at 803-909-7200.
- Collect water and sewer tap fees - Contact Water and Sewer Department at 803-628-3210.
- Issue well and septic permits - Contact SCDHEC at 803-909-7300.
- Oversee Environmental Compliance (storm water, erosion control, or flood plain management) - Contact Planning and Development Department at 803-909-7200.
- Who do I contact to have my soil tested?
- Click on the link above or contact Clemson Extension at 120 North Congress Street, York - Ph: 803-684-9919.
- Where can I get a plat of my land?
- Click on the link above or contact the York County Register of Deeds office at 20 W. Liberty Street, York - Ph: 803-684-8505.
- Where do I submit proposed development plans for review?
- Click on the link above or contact York County Planning - Development Coordinating Center (DCC) at 1070 Heckle Boulevard, Rock Hill - Ph: 803-909-7200. (For all plans and calculations for commercial or residential development).