Blasting Permits issued for York County by the Office of State Fire Marshal
- Vaild until Feb 15, 2016 ~ Intersection at Fort Mill Pkwy/Spratt St, Fort Mill SC in the Fort Mill Fire District
- Valid until Feb 16, 2016 ~ 5670 Charlotte Hwy, Clover SC in the Bethel Fire District
- Valid until Feb 16, 2016 ~ 5424 Highway 55, Clover SC in the Bethel Fire District
- Valid until Mar 2, 2016 ~ 2500 block of Whites Rd in Fort Mill SC in the Fort Mill Fire District
- Valid until Apr 27, 2016 ~ 1130 Trinity Ridge Pkwy, Fort Mill SC (Trinity Ridge Subdivision) in the Fort Mill Fire District
- Valid until Jul 01, 2016 ~ 991 Hawkfield Rd, Rock Hill SC in the Lesslie Fire District
- Valid until Aug 01, 2016 ~ 485 True Rd, McConnells SC in the McConnells Fire District
Outdoor Warning Sirens Test Dates
Sirens are tested on Wednesdays.
- January 13, 2016
- April 13, 2016
- July 13, 2016
- October 12, 2016
The Men's Warming Center
Bethel United Methodist Church
1232 Curtis St, Rock Hill, SC 29730
Runs November 15, 2015 - March 13, 2016
Doors open nightly at 6pm.
Women and Children's Warming Center
The Salvation Army
119 S Charlotte Av, Rock Hill, SC 29730
Runs November 13, 2015 - March 2016
Doors open nightly at 6pm.
Office of Emergency Management acts as a liaison between York County
and local, state and federal agencies coordinating the planning, response, recovery and mitigation activities for natural and manmade disasters. Locally, Emergency Management assists municipal law enforcement, York County Sheriff’s Office, EMS, fire and rescue departments to serve and protect the citizens of York County.
Office of Emergency Management is comprised of three divisions that are under the direction of the Emergency Management Director. The divisions are:
- Catawba Nuclear Station Emergency Planning
- Emergency and Disaster Operations Planning
- Emergency Response Coordination
- Hazardous Materials Coordination
- Incident Command System and Radiological Training
- SARA Title III Regulation and Reporting
- Special Events Coordination
- What should I do if we have an earthquake?
- In 1886 a major earthquake occurred in the Charleston area. York County was effected. South Carolina conducts earthquake training and drills annually.
- Can York County be hit by a Tsunami?
- No, a tsunami is a surge of sea water and can only occur along the coast.
- Where are the tornado shelters?
- It is too dangerous to be out when a tornado warning has been issued, therefore attempting to go to a shelter could put the public in greater danger than staying where they are. The safest thing to do during a tornado warning is to go to a center room on the lowest point of the structure away from windows and doors and shelter-in-place.