- Ogden Road closed from Falls Road to Squire Street due to bridge replacement. Estimated to re-open 11-30-15.
- Arrow Road in the City of York will be closed starting 4-15-15 and plans to re-open in December of 2015.
- Audubon Dr in the City of Rock Hill will be closed between 957 Hummingbird Ln & 2269 Audubon Dr beginning at 8am on Monday, September 21, 2015 for approximately two weeks in order to perform stormwater upgrades under Audubon. The Audubon crossing is the fourth and final crossing scheduled for upgrades.
- Hensley Road in Fort Mill will be closed to through traffic beginning Monday 8-3-15. It will be closed 0.06 miles east of Featherson Road to 0.20 miles east of Legion Road. This road will reopen on Friday 11-6-15.
Blasting Permits issued for York County by the Office of the State Fire Marshal
- Valid until Nov 21, 2015 ~ 1028 Jack Pine Rd, Clover SC (Timberlake Subdivision) in the Bethel Fire District
- Valid until Nov 25, 2015 ~ 2300 Block of Dobys Bridge Rd in the town jurisdiction of Fort Mill, in the Fort Mill Fire District
- Valid until Feb 16, 2016 ~ 5670 Charlotte Hwy, Clover SC in the Bethel Fire District
- Valid until Feb 16, 2016 ~ 5424 Highway 55, Clover SC in the Bethel Fire District
- Valid until Jul 01, 2016 ~ 991 Hawkfield Rd, Rock Hill SC in the Lesslie Fire District
- Valid until Aug 01, 2016 ~ 485 True Rd, McConnells SC in the McConnells Fire District
Outdoor Warning Sirens Test Dates
- January 14, 2015
- April 8, 2015
- July 8, 2015
- October 14, 2015
- Emmanuel Church of the Nazarene in Rock Hill is opening its doors to those who have no AC or have no way to get out of this heat. Everyone is welcome to come get cool, relax and get something to eat. The Church is located at 998 Dunlap Roddey Road. If you have questions call (803) 328-2134.
Office of Emergency Management acts as a liaison between York County
and local, state and federal agencies coordinating the planning, response, recovery and mitigation activities for natural and manmade disasters. Locally, Emergency Management assists municipal law enforcement, York County Sheriff’s Office, EMS, fire and rescue departments to serve and protect the citizens of York County.
Office of Emergency Management is comprised of three divisions that are under the direction of the Emergency Management Director. The divisions are:
- Catawba Nuclear Station Emergency Planning
- Emergency and Disaster Operations Planning
- Emergency Response Coordination
- Hazardous Materials Coordination
- Incident Command System and Radiological Training
- SARA Title III Regulation and Reporting
- Special Events Coordination
- What should I do if we have an earthquake?
- In 1886 a major earthquake occurred in the Charleston area. York County was effected. South Carolina conducts earthquake training and drills annually.
- Can York County be hit by a Tsunami?
- No, a tsunami is a surge of sea water and can only occur along the coast.
- Where are the tornado shelters?
- It is too dangerous to be out when a tornado warning has been issued, therefore attempting to go to a shelter could put the public in greater danger than staying where they are. The safest thing to do during a tornado warning is to go to a center room on the lowest point of the structure away from windows and doors and shelter-in-place.