- Ogden Road closed from Falls Road to Squire Street due to bridge replacement. Estimated to re-open 11-30-15.
- Arrow Road in the City of York will be closed starting 4-15-15 and plans to re-open in December of 2015.
- Charlotte Avenue & Park Drive will be closed between Crest & Edgemont at the Charlotte Avenue/Park Drive intersection starting 7-20-15 for a minimum of 3-4 weeks.
- Eagle Dr in the City of Rock Hill will be closed between Hummingbird Ln & Mallard Dr beginning at 8am on Wednesday, July 29, 2015 for approximately two weeks in order to perform stormwater upgrades under Eagle Dr.
- Hensley Road in Fort Mill will be closed to through traffic beginning Monday 8-3-15. It will be closed 0.06 miles east of Featherson Road to 0.20 miles east of Legion Road. This road will reopen on Friday 11-6-15.
Blasting Permits issued for York County by the Office of the State Fire Marshal
- Valid until Aug 10, 2015 ~ 1028 Jack Pine Rd, Clover SC in the Bethel Fire District
- Valid until Aug 15, 2015 ~ 5670 Charlotte Hwy, Clover SC in the Bethel Fire District
- Valid until Aug 15, 2015 ~ 5424 Highway 55, Clover SC in the Bethel Fire District
- Valid until Aug 17, 2015 ~ 3361 Highway 21, Fort Milll SC in the Flint Hill Fire District
- Valid until Aug 17, 2015 ~ across street from 8622 McCullough Club Dr, Pineville NC in the 11000 block of Miller Rd, SC at the SC/NC state line in the Fort Mill Fire District
- Valid until Aug 21, 2015 ~ 281 Frances Cir, Fort Mill SC in the Fort Mill Fire District
- Valid until Aug 22, 2015 ~ across street from 240 Waterford Park Dr, Rock Hill SC in the City of Rock Hill Fire District
- Valid until Aug 23, 2015 ~ 1590 Springfield Pkwy, Fort Mill SC in the Fort Mill Fire District
- Valid until Aug 30, 2015 ~ 2102 Cherry Rd, Rock Hill SC in the City of Rock Hill Fire District
Outdoor Warning Sirens Test Dates
- January 14, 2015
- April 8, 2015
- July 8, 2015
- October 14, 2015
- Emmanuel Church of the Nazarene in Rock Hill is opening its doors to those who have no AC or have no way to get out of this heat. Everyone is welcome to come get cool, relax and get something to eat. The Church is located at 998 Dunlap Roddey Road. If you have questions call (803) 328-2134.
Office of Emergency Management acts as a liaison between York County
and local, state and federal agencies coordinating the planning, response, recovery and mitigation activities for natural and manmade disasters. Locally, Emergency Management assists municipal law enforcement, York County Sheriff’s Office, EMS, fire and rescue departments to serve and protect the citizens of York County.
Office of Emergency Management is comprised of three divisions that are under the direction of the Emergency Management Director. The divisions are:
- Catawba Nuclear Station Emergency Planning
- Emergency and Disaster Operations Planning
- Emergency Response Coordination
- Hazardous Materials Coordination
- Incident Command System and Radiological Training
- SARA Title III Regulation and Reporting
- Special Events Coordination
- What should I do if we have an earthquake?
- In 1886 a major earthquake occurred in the Charleston area. York County was effected. South Carolina conducts earthquake training and drills annually.
- Can York County be hit by a Tsunami?
- No, a tsunami is a surge of sea water and can only occur along the coast.
- Where are the tornado shelters?
- It is too dangerous to be out when a tornado warning has been issued, therefore attempting to go to a shelter could put the public in greater danger than staying where they are. The safest thing to do during a tornado warning is to go to a center room on the lowest point of the structure away from windows and doors and shelter-in-place.