York County Access provides public transportation for residents of York County and the City of Rock Hill. York County Access is operated by the York County Council on Aging, and represents a cooperative effort between York County and the City of Rock Hill.
York County Access provides two types of services:
Essential Service- The Essential Service provides transportation countywide for people who need a ride to the doctor, pharmacy, grocery store, or transportation to facilities for medical treatment such as dialysis, chemotherapy, etc.
Operating hours are Monday-Friday, 6:00am to 6:00pm.
Rides must be scheduled at least 48 hours in advance.
Ride-to-Work Service- At this point in time, the Ride-to-Work service is offered only within the city limits of Rock Hill, and provides transportation to Rock Hill citizens who need a ride to work within the city.
Operating hours are Monday-Friday, 5:30am to 9:00am and 3:30pm to 6:00pm.
Rides must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance.
Fares for both services are $2.50 each way.
To reserve space or to learn more, please call the York County Council on Aging at (803) 327-6694, extension 304. Clover residents should call 1-866-607-1910 for assistance.
For more information on both the Essential Service and Ride to Work Service, click on the links below:
- What department or agency should I call to provide a particular service that I need?
- The Manager’s Office serves as a referral source for citizens, businesses, organizations and other governmental agencies. This office directs individuals to the proper county department. Please call (803) 684-8511 for assistance.
- I have a complaint regarding a County department or employee. What should I do?
- The County Manager's Office responds to complaints regarding services provided by County departments and will help resolve the problem by working with the appropriate department. Please call (803) 684-8511 for assistance.
- 100 pm Thursday saw access bus run 2 redights and then go onto white st