Water and Sewer
Payments and Applications
1070 Heckle Blvd
Suite 101, Box 10
Rock Hill, SC 29732
(866) 541-4098 to pay by phone
(803) 327-8639 for information
The York County Water and Sewer Department operates and maintains water and sewer systems in defined service areas in eastern York County and western York County. The department purchases water from the City of Rock Hill. The county has in excess of 10,000 retail customers in its service areas. York County also provides wholesale water service to the Lake Wylie community through Carolina Water Service (803.367.4314) and to Tega Cay through the City of Tega Cay (803.548.3512). Sewer service is provided through a collection system owned by York County with treatment being provided by the City of Rock Hill’s Manchester Creek Wastewater Treatment Facility.
- Provide drinking water to defined service areas in eastern and western York County
- Install new water meters for residential, commercial, and industrial facilities
- Conduct monthly meter reading and maintain billing services
- Operate and maintain water transmission facilities and sewer collection facilities in compliance with state and federal regulatory agencies
- Maintain elevated water storage facilities for distribution system
- Review facility expansion plans for proposed development
- Perform monthly and annual regulatory testing to ensure all drinking water standards are met
This Office Does Not:
- Maintain or operate any well systems.
- Install septic tanks or approve plans for septic tanks.
- Own or operate any water or wastewater treatment facilities.
- Provide natural gas services or residential garbage service.
- We do not provide backflow testing.