DIGITAL PLAN SUBMITTAL:
York County now offers digital plan submittal. You may access the website at http://evolvepublic.yorkcountygov.com/. If you need assistance with a digital submittal, please contact Bea McCarter, Development Services Coordinator, at 803-909-7238 or email@example.com. Hard copies will no longer be required, but this Department will continue to accept hard copy submittals for the foreseeable future. As we continue to improve efficiency, we will be implementing some new policies.
- All required documents must be included in your submittal.
- Click here for our payment policies.
- Updates on the status of your submittal will be available on-line.
The Building and Codes division is charged with enforcing South Carolina adopted internationally recognized construction standards for all new construction, renovations, and additions. Inspection personnel are certified by the State of South Carolina Building Code Council and strive to provide efficient and responsive service to the citizens of York County to ensure that contractors performing work in York County are properly licensed and qualified to perform in South Carolina. York County does not require a “business license” to contract work in the unincorporated areas of the County.
Additionally, as part of our commitment to quality customer service, we promise to make every effort to assist applicants, respond to inquiries, and resolve complaints or concerns in a professional, courteous and timely manner. We are constantly striving to better our services and welcome your feedback. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Please feel free to contact us at any time. Quality Service Matters!
- Administer the inspection and permitting program.
- Interpret, direct, and coordinate the enforcement of the International Code series.
- Assist outlying governing agencies with inspection and plan review.
- Provide administrative services to the Building Board of Appeals.
- Ensure that contractors are properly licensed in the State of South Carolina to perform work.
- For license information contact http://www.llr.state.sc.us/
- For information regarding the design, inspection or approval of septic or waste disposal systems, please call SCDHEC at (803) 898-3432 or (Local to York County) (803) 909-7370.
For certification of manufactured homes and information, contact the Manufactured Housing Board at the LLR website link.
Beginning January 19, 2016, the Building and Codes Division will charge the re-inspection fees authorized in the County Code (§31.01). Re-inspection fees will be charged if: 1) the customer needs to cancel a scheduled inspection and fails to do so by 8:00 a.m. the day of the scheduled inspection; 2) the inspector determines the customer did not correct all items noted in the original inspection report; or 3) the customer requests an inspection and the inspector determines the customer was clearly not ready for an inspection. If a re-inspection fee is charged, the fee will need to be paid before the certificate of occupancy is issued. If a customer objects to a re-inspection fee, the applicant must contact the Building Official to request a waiver.
Currently adopted codes for York County as of July 1, 2016
• 2015 International Building Code South Carolina version
• 2015 International Residential Code South Carolina version
• 2015 International Mechanical Code South Carolina version
• 2015 International Plumbing Code South Carolina version
• 2015 International Fuel, Gas Code South Carolina version
• 2015 International Fire Code South Carolina version
• 2009 International Energy Conservation Code
• 2009 International A117.1 Accessible and Usable Buildings and Facilities
• 2014 National Electric Code
Click here for a current list of South Carolina Building Code Modifications.
Looking for an Application or Form, or just need General Building or Zoning Information? Go to our New Development Services Page.