Please tell us how we're doing...click here.
The Building and Codes division is charged with enforcing South Carolina adopted internationally recognized construction standards for all new construction, renovations, and additions. Inspection personnel are certified by the State of South Carolina Building Code Council and strive to provide efficient and responsive service to the citizens of York County to ensure that contractors performing work in York County are properly licensed and qualified to perform in South Carolina. York County does not require a “business license” to contract work in the unincorporated areas of the County.
Additionally, as part of our commitment to quality customer service, we promise to make every effort to assist applicants, respond to inquiries, and resolve complaints or concerns in a professional, courteous and timely manner. We are constantly striving to better our services and welcome your feedback. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Please feel free to contact us at any time. Quality Service Matters!
- Administer the inspection and permitting program.
- Interpret, direct, and coordinate the enforcement of the International Code series.
- Assist outlying governing agencies with inspection and plan review.
- Provide administrative services to the Building Board of Appeals.
- Ensure that contractors are properly licensed in the State of South Carolina to perform work.
- For license information contact http://www.llr.state.sc.us/
- For information regarding the design, inspection or approval of septic or waste disposal systems, please call SCDHEC at (803) 898-3432 or (Local to York County) (803) 909-7370.
For certification of manufactured homes and information, contact the Manufactured Housing Board at the LLR website link.
Currently adopted codes for York County
• 2012 International Building Code
• 2012 International Residential Code
• 2012 International Mechanical Code
• 2012 International Plumbing Code
• 2012 International Fuel, Gas Code
• 2012 International Fire Code
• 2009 International Energy Conservation Code
• 2009 International A117.1 Accessible and Usable Buildings and Facilities
• 2011 National Electric Code
Click here for a current list of South Carolina Building Code Modifications.
Looking for an Application or Form, or just need General Building or Zoning Information? Go to our New Development Services Page.